Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Christmas Crafting - Felt Stockings

I'm not a crafter by any means. But sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet and I go a little craft crazy for a little while. Does that happen to you?

Ever since Penny's first Christmas (2012), I've had the idea to make our own Christmas stockings. I'm a very novice seamstress, at best, but I felt like this wasn't beyond my ability. So after a little bit of pinterest / etsy inspiration, a felt stocking tutorial, a trip to the craft store and .. ahem .. 2 years of procrastinating.. I got them done!

So here's a photographical journey of how I made my stockings (I'm going to call it that instead of a tutorial, because I am in no position to be giving anyone instructions on how to sew!).

Did you notice the polar animal theme?

Crafting these cuties definitely started my Christmas mood! Normally I had my Christmas pandora station running on my laptop while sewing away, but I learned that Idina Menzel (as in, Elsa) has a holiday album out this season so I jumped on that one!



The album list includes:
  1. Do You Hear What I Hear
  2. The Christmas Song
  3. Baby It’s Cold Outside (Duet with Michael Buble)
  4. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  5. All I Want For Christmas
  6. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?
  7. December Prayer
  8. When You Wish Upon A Star (my favorite)
  9. Silent Night
  10. River
  11. Holly Jolly Christmas
  12. White Christmas
  1. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (Bonus Tracks on Target Exclusive with Michael Buble!)

Buy it on itunes or Amazon



This week I will be pulling out all of our Christmas decorations, but here is our mantel in the holiday mood!


Have you handmade any decorations in your house? 
Tell me about them!

Disclosure: I participated in the Idina Menzel Holiday Wishes album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean when you said "2 years of procrastinating""!.

    I never really got to celebrate Christmas as a child and thus never made anything unless it was in school. So now that I have a family of my own, I thought my 17month old and I could start something. I was thrift shopping today, and had the idea to buy random baskets and have her paint them with me. Then if we had a gift to give, we would put it in the basket. Boy I sure would love to see baskets I painted when I was a child. !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I wish I would have made stockings like these. In my husband's family, it's tradition for the wife/mom to make hand-made Christmas stocking for the family. I am NOT a seamstress by any means, so sewing stockings was a huge undertaking for me. (And I dreaded doing it... I finished my final one after having my last baby this year and I'm so relieved.) Your felt stockings look MUCH cuter than mine, and sound much easier to make!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stockings look great! I had been wanting to make stocking for my family for the last 4 years, but school always got in the way. BUT this year I finally did it! I made ours out of felt too (wool felt) and I hope they'll last for many years.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...