Monday, July 21, 2014

So I guess I'm Mother Gothel, she's a princess and princesses only eat princess food.

Two big things have been going on around here.

1. I have a very independent two and a half year old. She is fearless, bold, adventurous, feisty and just an all around kick in the pants. Every day she surprises me. These days dinner tends to get in the way of these imaginary adventures and she's been opting for on the go foods. 

2. Princesses. 24/7.
So more often than not we encounter days where the only food she wants to eat is "princess food." Does anyone have any idea what "princess food" means to a toddler? My best guess as to the most basic requirement of "princess food" is that it needs to be pink. What is a mama to do?

So like the wicked Mother Gothel, I've figured out how to sneakily disguise her essential nutrients, with the help of a my Cuisinart Baby Food Maker and Yummi Pouches. Mother knows best!


The first part of my master plan is to create an easy to eat, yet very "princessy" puree that even the pickiest toddler won't be able to resist. One of our standard recipes that I have created is Apple, Strawberry and Butternut Squash with a touch of cinnamon. Butternut squash is an excellent source of Vitamin A, fiber, potassium and magnesium. Apples are an additional fiber source, and pack some Vitamin C. Strawberries have lots of Vitamin K and are an antioxidant powerhouse. Combine all of those and you've got the makings of a healthy snack! Mwwaaaa hahahaha! 

The second part of my evil plan involves one of my henchmen, the Cuisinart Baby Food Maker.  It's an all-in-one appliance, meaning I can steam my apples and squash, then add my strawberries and puree, without pulling out tons of gadgets or adapters. That leaves enough time to meddle in my daughter's affairs, boil some toads and worry about my waning beauty while talking to magical mirrors or tending to a mysterious fountain of youth plant.

Finally, to ensure the assimilation of said wicked potion, Yummi Pouches make normally messy purees portable, so that was a no-brainer in my evil plot to ensure Penny eats healthy. We love Yummi Pouch because...

  • The shape - it's a rectangle and super easy to clean. 
  • Dishwasher and freezer safe. 
  • BPA free, PVC free and phthalate free. 
In addition to pureed food, I like to prepare packs of yogurt, applesauce or smoothies thickened up with ground oats for quick on the go snacks.

Does this sound like a truly evil plan or what? Let me tell you, the unknowing princess surely fell victim to my tricks and walked away satiated.







Want to win a Cuisinart Baby Food Maker along with a 4 pack of Yummi Pouch Brights to put your dubious potions delicious creations in? Enter to win this fabulous prize pack by commenting below:

1. Visit Cuisinart's baby food recipe site and tell me which recipe you think your little one will go "goo goo" for. Please leave your best contact email address so that I can email you if you win. (See full rules below)

2. Gain an additional entry point by visiting Yummi Pouch's recipe page and leaving a comment here with a recipe that you'd  like from there too!

This giveaway has ended. Thank you to all who entered!

Rules: Entering this giveaway is completely optional; however in order to qualify to enter you will need to leave a comment answering question #1, and for an additional entry option you may also answer question #2 in separate comments. The winning entry will be validated. Open to the US only, aged 18 years or older. The contest ends at 6:00pm PST 7/25/2014. The winner has until 6:00pm PST 7/26/2014 to respond to the email notification. The Pierogie Mama is not responsible for prize fulfillment. The winner will be contacted at the end of the giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. 

36 comments:

  1. My little one would love the banana apricot oatmeal! earthtobabyandrea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LO might like banana pear, but she has a while to go before i know, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew you were sneaky lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I would like squash/apple or asparagus/apple or anything sweet potato...i love my fruits and veggies, and then i could sneak veggies into Daddy's food ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet potato, spinach, and chicken dinner!!
    marya_ulizio @hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avocado fruit salad from yummi pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Yummi Pouch Fruity Quinoa purée sounds awesome, and a great way to get my daughter a little extra protein! I'm sure she'd love it.
    Skiforever221 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure my first comment got published... I think my daughter would love the Cuisinart Fruity Yogurt Breakfast. Sounds delicious! I'd probably love it too. :)
    Skiforever221 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Asparagus and Apple Puree from Yummi sounds like a great combo! I need to try that one for sure! mommymer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the simple avocado recipe is the best! Very simple and very nutritious! alexis4castr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like the apple pumpkin puree recipe from the Yummi Pouch site! Sounds good! alexis4castr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter loves butternut squash... so I think the butternut squash risotto would be a hit. Pbradley2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also my daughter would love the very berry smoothie. She can't get enough fruit! Pbradley2005@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My little one isn't yet on solids but soon will be! I love the idea of the pear and banana recipe!

    Beckas19@gmail.comMy little one isn't yet on solids but soon will be! I love the idea of the pear and banana recipe!
    And for the yummi pouches.. The cape cod yogurt! I think my 2 and 4 year olds would love it too!

    Beckas19@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to try Zucchini Bread Teething Sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter would love to try the sweet potato, spinach and chicken dinner! Sounds yummy! Would love to win so that I can use the baby food maker instead of my blender! Grovess3284@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. For the yummi pouch recipe my daughter loves the blueberry, apple and spinach recipe. I've made it multiple times and it's so quick and easy. I usually put it in a sippy but would love to win the reusable pouches! Grovess3284@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the oven baked butternut squash risotto

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember always stealing the pears and pear juice from my little brothers.... even at 10 I just loved them! I am not sure what little one's taste preferences will be, but the Brown Rice, Zucchini and Avocado sounds really tasty! http://www.cuisinart.com/baby/recipes/stage_1/278.html
    me_juliet AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cheese and broccoli are two of my faves! http://www.yummipouch.com/meats-grains/cheesy-broccoli-dinner .
    the Sweet Super Food Mish Mash also sounds really good. http://www.yummipouch.com/vegetable-recipes/sweet-super-food-mish-mash
    me_juliet AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also want to make the avocado fruit salad from the other site. Love avocados!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The banana apricot oatmeal(: My email is perezashley60@hotmail.com (:

    ReplyDelete
  23. I guess my second response didn't go through. From the Yummy Pouch recipe site I know my girl would love the black berry smoothie. She loves her fruit! earthtobabyandrea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure the peachy plums would be devoured! Casey512@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Fruity Yogurt Breakfast sounds delish!
    kcernick at netscape dot net

    ReplyDelete
  26. And the Creamy Pineapple Smoothie from Yummi Pouch!
    kcernick at netscape dot net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think my daughter would love the Oven Baked Butternut Squash Risotto recipe
    anita dot truck at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. My daughter would love the Avocado Fruit Salad from the Yummy Pouch site
    anita dot truck at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. the banana pear would be a favorite!
    bwebber2779 at andersonuniversity dot edu

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet potato, spinach and chicken :) Anne.zygadlo@valpo.edu

    ReplyDelete
  31. The cauliflower apple purée from yoomi also looks interesting Anne.zygadlo@valpo.edu

    ReplyDelete
  32. The chicken and sweet potato sounds like something that I would eat lol!! Yum! laura.railing@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think my little man would like the chicken, broccoli and rice puree. I had no idea they made a cuisinart for baby food, awesome recipes too!
    amandad264@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yum, the cape cod yogurt from yummy pouch i think we both would enjoy:)
    amandad264@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Creamy Pineapple Smoothie from Yummi Pouch sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Banana-Apricot Oatmeal would be my daughter's favorite! She loves fruits!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...