For this reason, my birth bags are really minimal. Everything for myself, husband and newborn fit into a carry-on luggage. I packed it at 37 weeks and kept it in the back of my car, along with extra towels (in case of early waters or for the ride home).
- Warm, comfy robe
- Warm socks and slippers
- Labor clothes (sports bra, swim suit, skirt / pants)
- After birth clothes - loose, comfy pants, nursing tank, zip up sweat shirt, Nuroo pocket (I am so excited to share my review once Ruby is born!)
- Breastfeeding gear: cloth nursing pads, Motherlove Herbals Nipple Cream
- If you wear contacts try to remember to remove them during labor and bring your glasses, I didn't want my tears to flood my eyes and leave me completely blind.
- Something to pull your hair/bangs back with
- chap stick, deodorant, face cream - just a few small items that will help you begin to feel yourself and refreshed once you come down from your amazing high!
- Change of clothes, swim trunks
- Cell charger, cell phone, camera
- That Mama Gretchen also made the great suggestion of his favorite snacks for the daddy birth bag- because the marathon of labor is tough on Daddy too!
- Coming home outfit (probably the hardest decision for me to make! I packed 3 different outfits..)
- Coconut oil to rub on their bottom to help the meconium slide off easily
- 1-2 diapers
- Swaddling blanket
- Car seat, extra blanket
- I loved coconut water during labor. So refreshing and hydrating!
- PBJ sandwich
- Fruit juice popcicles
- Broth (I keep bone broth frozen in ice cube form)
What did you pack in your birth bag?